If you’re anything like my family, then you are probably scrambling to get last-minute gifts in order. As I write this, my mom is out running errands and my sister is running the sewing machine into the ground.
Whenever I wrap gifts, I like to add a little pizzazz to make them stand out. Here are some simple ideas to make your gifts extra special this holiday season:
In the past, I’ve used Trader Joe’s paper bags and cut out some of the designs to adorn my gifts like this:
If you don’t have access to a Trader Joe’s, a nice simple gift wrapping idea is to just use brown craft paper and some baker’s string for a little color:
As a teacher, I always seem to have old maps on hand. I actually used them to make the bunting for my engagement photos. Why not reuse them to wrap some gifts?
Bringing the outside in is a cost-effective and beautiful way to adorn your gifts (craft paper and raffia are so versatile!)
Happy Christmas Eve!
- DIY :: Stylish & Simple Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas (stylishspoon.com)
- Newspaper Gift Wrapping Paper?! (talkmoni.wordpress.com)
- Gift Wrapping, Here’s What’s Up (poufpiece.com)
- Gift wrapping a challenge? PennLive comes to the rescue (pennlive.com)
- Put a Bow on it – The Pacific Merchants Guide to Gift Wrapping (pacificmerchants.wordpress.com)