So now that Mardis Gras is over and the last parade has long since disappeared over the horizon, what is one to do with all those beads? I have a few ideas of my own (more on the later), but I decided to do some additional research to see what the creative people out in the internet world have already shared with the masses. I have to say, it is amazing what a bunch of mardi gras beads (and sometimes a can of spray paint and a glue gun) can create!
Here is a list of 10 DIY projects to do with those masses of beads you may have already in storage
(or just fun things to do with beads in general, no mardi gras required)
*If you’re not into DIY, but still have a ton of beads, there are donation centers all over the place that will gladly take those beads off your hands. Please don’t add plastic beads to the monstrosities that are our country’s landfills!*
Click on the Links for the tutorials!
1. Creative Wall Art–Beaded Picture from Bayou Land Beads on Etsy
2. If you’re not feeling inspired enough to do the whole picture, just use the beads to update the frame (this one is from Mominizer)
3. Or create an entirely beaded frame (like this one from the Mardi Gras Outlet)
4. Upcycle an old wine bottle–Beaded Craft Vase from Aprons & Ambition
5. Make a Chunky Beaded Necklace (from PS I Made This)
6. Update your Christmas Ornaments (image from Craftberry Bush)
7. Upcycle a dull light fixture with a beaded chandelier (from Kara Paslay Designs)
8. Create chic and simple Center Pieces
9. Wrap them up and create a festive Bead Wreath for your front door
(Pearl Wreath tutorial from Country Heart and Home)
10. Extend the holiday fun and make some Beaded Easter Eggs